Kurt and I were able to speak in sacrament meeting today. It was really nerve racking for me. I can teach lessons fine but when I have to speak I get so scared because I don't have the feedback of the listeners to help teach me and guide me by the spirit. I pray that the talk that I gave uplifted and edified those who were listening.
We spoke on this talk by Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles . I was really uplifted by reading this talk and discussing it over the last 2 weeks with Kurt. Kurt gave a very powerful talk on getting back to the basics and I covered the 4 necessities people should have in life. Food, Clothing, Shelter and Fuel. I spoke on keeping our clothing simple and not needing to have the latest fashions and not spending too much to have clothing on our backs. I talked on staying out of debt and the importance of maintaining balance in our spending. (paying tithing, bills and saving). And learning to decipher between wants and needs. I also spoke on spiritual fuel and how it is essential that we don't put off the things that the Lord is asking us to do just because we think it will make our lives complicated. Like taking an institute class. (we go to a student ward) It was a great lesson to me. I am trying to apply the council of Elder Perry into my life. And I pray that I will be able to live a more simplistic life.
Abbi didn't speak with us. She is still too little. So she sat in the back with a couple of friends of ours. I could hear her little voice occasionally. One time I heard her voice was when I stood up and introduced ourselves. This is how my little echo sounded.
me: Hi we're the Hammonds.
Abbi: Abbi Hammond (faintly from the back row)
me: (a little embarrassed) and thats Abbi in the back.
Abbi: Abbi in the back!
After that I was too scared to listen for Abbi but our friends did tell us that she would comment on what I was saying.
While Kurt was talking I heard another little voice from the back.
Abbi: My Daddy right there!! That's my daddy. Hi Daddy!
Abbi truly is a funny girl. I just love her to pieces. She makes our lives so great.
6" Screws Lowes
2 years ago

7 comments:
I'm sure you did great! Sorry I couldn't be there, I was sick and stayed home in sweats with a blankie and a heating pad.
p.s. Cutest picture at the top there!
You did great. I loved listening to Abbi...and of course I loved listening to you also. :)
I probably would have busted up laughing. I don't know what it is about me, but I always have the hardest time not laughing in inappropriate times, when you are supposed to be quit or reverent. By the way, your new picture at the top is so stinkin cute of you two. I love it and your gorgeous!
Hey you should have told me that you were talking on Elder Perry's talk because I gave my talk in november on the same topic. I am pretty sure that you did good.
WOW! That is a pretty lady in that picture! (above)
I love you foxy one!
Haha! I love that Abbi was yelling out during your talk! So cute!
Post a Comment