Thursday, March 26, 2009

A poo poo story

Yesterday I needed Abbi to take a nap, for general sanity reasons. She was acting so sleepy around noon but I usually make her stay up until 2:30 so she can see daddy at least once in that day, he goes to work at 2:20 gets home from school @ 2:15. Finally I gave up because she was so tired. I put her down at 2. I made Kurt Lunch and Dinner to take, he came home, walked out the door shortly there after. I sat on the couch for a minute debating if I wanted to shower or take a nap......not 10 minutes after Kurt had left Abbi walked out of her bedroom and proclaimed, "Done going nuh night?"
I told her, "no, you need to take a longer nap." I took her back into her room and she started crying and tantruming like all toddlers are good at doing. I shut the door and went into my room and climbed in for a much needed nap. She came into my room saying that she was done so I said okay. Lets go play in the living room. I let her play for about 15 minutes then I said the never failing line to get her into her bed. "On your mark, get set, go!!" She started running and climbed right into bed. I was so glad it worked.
But just for precaution I took the child proof doorknob off of the pantry and put it on her door on the inside so she couldn't get out. She started playing and I was just listening to her. She played for about 20 minutes then finally she said, "Uh oh mommy." I ignored her.
A few minutes later she said, "Here you go mommy!" over and over and over again. She was getting a little more distressed with each "Here you go!" So I gave in and opened the door. She handed me some wipes that had some poo on them. Then she started saying, "On my toe!!" and she wouldn't walk she just stuck her leg up in the air. I noticed her diaper was still on......so I was wondering how this all happened. Well we have been potty training. So she was just in a diaper and a shirt. All I can think of is that she had been sitting on her foot and got "it" all over foot and leg. She had the frame of mind to get wipes and start cleaning herself off though.
It took a couple of hours before I was able to realize the humor of it all. She was really terrified about having stuff on her. Funny girl. Maybe we are one step closer to getting "it" into the potty.

3 comments:

Than & Lina said...

Cute girl you've got there. When/where is the Scottish Festival? During the summer in Payson or somewhere around there? My bagpipe teacher has tried to get me to go...
I was never really that great and now I'm much worse. Sad, huh?

Dannelle said...

This makes me not feel so bad. One day I walked into Josie's room-- She had taken off her PJs and her poopee diaper. She had poo everywhere, her crib, blankets, the wall, sheet, stuff animal, etc. She was also terrified because she couldn't get the poo off her hands and around her mouth. It was SO disgusting. Thank goodness for Clorox Wipes!

Ashley said...

I am impressed she was handling things so well! What a good little girl! Good luck on the potty training.