Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What a GREAT weekend!!

This weekend was really the boost that I needed. I love taking time to listen to the Prophet and spend time listening to the Apostles!! Uplifting and powerful. I just come away feeling as if everything is going to be alright. We were able to have the Frisby's and the Brady's over to watch conference. It was a lot of fun. They are such great people. I also love being able to send my Hubby off in his "SuperSuit" to go and listen to more council that is designated for the men in the Church.

This weekend Abbi started calling herself "Super Abbi"! Don't ask my why. It is so funny. If I call her Abbi, I am quickly reminded that it is "Super Abbi". I have also inherited the name "Super Mommy". Not that I gave it to myself, seeing how I often feel I fall short of such praise, but given to me by my little one. Kurt is now "Super Daddy". Which I think is a fitting and perfect name for him. (Who do you know that can work full time/overtime and go to school full time and still have time to spend with me? I require a lot of time. I often wonder if he does have a super power, because he can slow down time and speed it up when necessary.) So in one short weekend we have become the Supers!! We will keep you updated with our current crime fighting events.

Sunday was our 4th yes 4th anniversary. For some of you that may seem a really long time and for others it may seem very short. We feel that it hasn't been long enough so we decided that we would keep going until it is forever and people can look at us amazed when we say 100 years or whatever it may be at the time they ask. WE LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH!!!! I just love my sweet hubby Kurty. He is my hero and my most favorite person in the world. He works so hard to take care of me and to take care of Abbi. We are so grateful for him. WE decided to give each other our anniversary gifts on Saturday evening. Shortly after we had gotten them. We can't wait to give our presents to the other for very long. It is very hard especially when we feel we got the best.
A little side note. I don't know if many of you are aware of the Traditional Anniversary gifts. But Kurt and I got interested in it for our 2nd anniversary. I was having a hard time coming up with what to get for Kurt for our anniversary, because we were/are poor, and I was doing a search online to find one. I typed in Anniversary Gifts, and this came up. It worked out great because for our first anniversary all I did was put up pictures of our first year together and cut out hearts and decorated the apartment for his gift. All made out of paper. Anyway, for the 4th anniversary the gift is supposed to be, for traditional, fruit and flowers. What do you get a guy? I came up with making him a fruit basket. Great idea right?? Well apparently Kurt came up with the same idea. I love it. We also both put 2 packets of flower seeds in them. Funny. We were so excited to give them to each other that we just laughed when we saw what we had gotten. It was so great.

Kurt had taken Abbi with him to get my gift. Kurt is really good at getting Abbi excited. She ran in the door with a huge smile on her face and started running around the apartment laughing. She stop and said to me,"We got you SOCKS!!" Abbi had picked out a pair of socks with flowers on them to give to me. It was so cute. MY girl is so sweet and cute and the best in the world.

Sunday after dinner to celebrate our anniversary we had root beer floats. Abbi loved it. She kept calling it her brain freeze. She stopped eating for a minute, seriously contemplating crying and I asked her,"Whats wrong?" She told me,"My brains frozen!" I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my seat. She just keeps surprising me.

Oh yeah one more thing. Today after the daycare I was getting Abbi out of her car seat and I noticed that something was missing. Her pants just didn't feel right. I set her down on the hill and asked her, "Were's your diaper?" She said, "At Julie's. I went potty in the toilet!" I feel bad because I didn't trust her. But I told her I needed to call Julie and let her know. I called her and told her that when I got home Abbi's diaper was missing and that she had said she went potty on the toilet, but she may want to look in the backroom to see if there was a diaper there. Well the diaper was in the bathroom. I was glad that Abbi did in fact use the potty. This is just a short example of how independant Abbi is. I am scared for adolensence.

Anyway we are Loving Life and Making Memories. We love being our silly selves and we love spending the short amount of time together. Sorry about the long mushy post. But I totally love my family. I tell them like 200 times a day. I just can't stop saying it, and kissing my Abbi's cheeks. I would kiss Kurts more but he isn't home that often. Abbi's new thing before bed is,
Abbi: "You love me?"
Me: I tell her all the time, "Yes I love you so much Abbi"
Abbi: "Super Abbi?"
Me: "Yes, I love Super Abbi!" :)
Abbi: "I love you Mommy! Super Mommy!"

There is so much to update you on. This is just a short summary of the the great things going on in our home. Call me if you want more fun stories of Abbi. I get a ton everyday!
I love you Kurt!! Happy Anniversary!!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

We have never been really good at getting each other Anniversary presents, but this year(even though we had zero extra cash) I really wanted to get Derek something. We also celebrated our fourth anniversary so I made a CD of songs that make me think about Derek and just to keep with the "traditional" gift I drew some flowers on the CD. It was so much fun.

Heather Crozier said...

Happy anniversary. :) It was fun to be in town during your wedding so I could go to the reception.

You guys are such a cute couple and Abbi is adorable. I laughed so loud at the brain's frozen comment that I had to tell my husband what I was laughing about. Haha.

Ashley said...

Kati, you and Kurt are so darling and your little Abbi is beaeutiful!

Lena Hsin-Yao Cho said...

holy cow! 4th anniversary??? How did time fly? I need to come over sooner so I can teach Abbi how to say Super Cho in Chinese, hahaha! I miss you! I love your conference report. It is so good to remember again your spirit! I miss you!

Cho

Than & Lina said...

I am happy you are so happy and glad that you had a nice anniversary!

Kboigirl said...

Congratulations on 4 years! I remembered but forgot to call, sorry :(. Cute stories, I never write such cute stuff! Love you!