Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Monkey-isms

For added protection: From now on my oldest daughter will be known as Monkey and my baby will be known as Bug. As I am now no longer private.

So Monkey and I are laying down on our tummies playing a game, she's dressed in her Tinkerbell costume and says to me.

Monkey: I'm Tinkerbell and Monkey's right here. (Pointing to the empty space right next to her)

Me: (Thinking to myself) I guess you are your own invisible friend.

I'm at Wal-Mart looking for a Christmas Present for my Hubby. We walk by a Tinkerbell bottle of Bubble bath. This thing was the most fantastic thing Monkey had ever seen. It had a huge Tinkerbell figurine on it, the figurine bigger than the bottle of bubble bath. I finally get her to put it down. Telling her to write a letter to Santa and ask for it. A lady walks passed me next thing I hear.

Monkey: PUT THAT DOWN!!! THAT'S MINE!! (Referring to the bubble bath)

Lady: (Laughing) That's the cutest thing I have ever heard.

Me: (Laughing) I'm mildly embarrassed.

She definitely has a personality. One that is hard to compete with.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Ha ha, it's always embarrassing when it's your own kid. But when it's someone elses it's usually funny. :)

Kristy said...

So why isn't your blog private anymore?