What is is about these things?

I have seriously made it through a whole bottle of them so far (since the 1st of May) and I just ate another. I wish I knew what it was about these things that make prego women go nuts. They just sound so good. I love them. Otherwise I don't like them that much. Maybe on my hamburger or on the side of a really good deli sandwich. There even was a time I didn't like them at all. But now, today, I want another. Weird.
What are some cravings you all have had?

16 comments:
Kati,
You are so cute. I honestly wouldn't know anything about why the pickle is sounding so good to you right now, but I am glad they are sounding good to you.
When do you find out what you are having?
No pickles for me ... thanks! I would love a pancake or two!
I know! I craved pickles for the entire nine months with my most recent. My favorite? Klausen - the expensive ones. Our pickle budget was through the roof! :) I'm glad you're doing well. Thanks for coming to see me in the hospital. Sorry I was so out of it. I'm doing much better now and we can't wait to see you all again and show off our new baby. Love you!
Hey, if you want I think I can spare a couple of jars of pickles that way you don't have to spend all of your money on pickles. Honestly I never knew of any wierd cravings that I had just the one time I was expecting Lauryl and it was after nine and I wanted peanut M&M's right then. I left the house and bought the XXL bag.
I'm not pregnant, but I love pickles! I've decided I just like foods with strong flavors (as long as it is a good flavor). There is just something about a pickle...
Diana, Maybe it runs in the family....I know Shari liked them too. What am I saying she has always liked them.
Kristin, Sure I'll take some Pickles. Are they home made? We got some Dilly beans from Kurts gma and I loved those. They held off my pickle craving for awhile.
Love you guys!!
I've had cravings, but not any I'd say were overly strange. I did crave pickles one time early on and I wasn't sure I'd make it without them. Somehow I survived.:)
I usually crave stuff after my kids are in bed and I can't do anything about it. It's also usually whatever I just finished off, took to a party etc. the day before.
Yes, Pickles! And my latest obsession is SNOW CONES!! I stop at the snocone place every day and get one! I have a stash of one dollar bills that I keep handy to finance my addiction. It's going to be a LOOONG summer--I'm glad I've got snowcones I can turn to!
You make me laugh! I love hearing about weird cravings. Pickles were not one of mine. I didn't like them much (I don't think - heck, what do I know, I can't remember. That's why I have a blog, so it can remember for me).
With RJ I craved fresh fruits and vegetables - of all kinds and at all hours.
With Ari there was one day when I HAD to have steak - NOW. Dave stopped and bought me some, we grilled it up, ate it and never touched it again during that pregnancy. I remember eating a lot of fast food taco salads.
With Knightley it was all sorts of stuff.
At the end of each pregnancy - starting at month seven - I craved ice chips. All I could get. I wanted them, I loved them, I saw pictures of them and suddenly needed some of my own. Weird.
When nursing each of my kids I crave ice cream cones. I eat at least one a day. Not just ice cream, it MUST be in a cone.
Okay, that was really long. Sorry!
I got a pickle i got a pickle i got a pickle hey hey hey hey!
-Trevor
Onion rings, onion rings, onion rings. I LOVE them, but when I am pregnant... I NEED them. When I say, "wow, I coulod really go for some onoin rings right now", Dave automatically thinks I am pregnant.
Thanks guys those were all great. I am glad I am not the only one who craves stuff. Today I seriously contemplated the Elvis sandwich....you know Peanut butter and pickle. I didn't make one....we don't have any bread. Time to make or go shopping.
I wasn't much into Mexican food before I was pregnant. We went four years without going to a Mexican restaurant or cooking it at home. When I was pregnant with Mikenna I kept craving Mexican food and guess what I had tonight for dinner? Taco Time. I am still obsessed with it. The craving never went away. Haha. Mikenna really likes Mexican food too. Her favorite chips of all chips is tortilla chips. And she was conceived on a cruise to Mexico which makes it even funnier.
Other weird cravings were starburst licorice, that they no longer made at the time and I wanted it really bad but I was craving regular starbursts too so I had that.
I wasn't into donuts before and all of the sudden had to have a donut.
I was craving frosted flakes, lays plain potato chips, rocky road icecream and pears with cottage cheese.
Something must be wrong with me then...I crave them all of the time! I'm glad you are feeling better! That is funny you put Kurt's heaven under the Cabelas picture. Whenever we go down that way, Shane makes sure we leave early so that we can make a stop there. He never buys anything...just dreams. I guess they are kindred spirits.
Congrats on baby #2!! That's so exciting! And you're already half way done! Pickles, yes they truly are delicious all the time, but especially in pregnancy--weird! Good luck w/ the rest of your pregnancy!
Post a Comment